Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Part 2......
Not sure how many parts this will go on to be. Hard to sit down and write for a lengthy time, at least for me! Here goes......
Woke up real early the next morning. Walked down to the beach and watched the world awaken.

Now I had a whole day to myself to play, explore, or??????

So after a quick breakfast at the hotel, grabbed my essentials, (water and camera!) and headed out to the water taxi stand a block away.


For only $11 you can ride the waterways of Ft Lauderdale all day. They let you off at some of the popular spots and take you by some of the
most expensive homes in the USA.

This one here I remember the taxi driver telling me the property tax alone was $36K, yes thousand, a month! Before you pay your mortgage, or a light bill, or buy a banana, you have to shell out $36K a month! OUCH!
I made my way thru all the waterways in the taxi routes. Took myself back to the hotel in time for a dip in the ocean and then off to dinner to meet the group that I would be living with on Bimini for the next week.







The room was really nice and comfy. And all to myself too!



Forgot my camera in the room when I went down for our Ice breaker dinner~ I was so excited silly me.
Nice group of people! Now to sleep early so we can get to the airport for the ride to the island....6am!

No comments: